RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Power light blinks with either electric power or battery.

Customer Question
Power light blinks with...

Power light blinks with either electric power or battery. Gas light stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?

N611 nortcold 2006 jayco

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold lighting? What have you tried so far?

Just this week took camping worked fine on the way home the outside door came off and quick working

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Electrician should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: RV
6/1/2022
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I have been working on RVs for 35 plus years. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be. May I get the first name of the person I am working with today?  I see you are having an issue with your fridge not working.  did you drive home in the rain by chance?

Paula and no rain but the outside cover was off. and we didn't know it
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago

Nice to meet you Paula.  Sorry for the delay.  I was installing A/Cs in my daughter's rooms.

do you by chance have a multimeter to measure voltage in several places?  Also look at your GFCI outlet in the bathroom and see if it tripped.

we have multimeter
Tried the GFC outlet didn't make any difference
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago

Are you getting voltage at the outlet behind the fridge?

can you take some pictures of what you are seeing.  I can draw on them to help you test things.

I'm not at home right now
I'll try when I get home
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok.  I am on line till 10 PM CST.

This the light that flashs
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago

I did not see a picture.

Sorry It said could not resize picture.ill try later
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago

No problem.

Thought we had a volt meter and we don't I'll go buy one soon
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok, let me know and we can continue.

Will this work
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 3 months ago

yes.  that will work fine.

Thanks