RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is the GFI reset on a 2023 Coachman Freelander 31MB?

Customer Question
Hello. Where is the...

Hello. Where is the GFI reset on a 2023 Coachman Freelander 31MB? The microwave, power to the plug behind the stove and TV aren’t powering up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sure, the expert can help with your 2023 Freelander. What's your engine size and type?

2022 Freelander. It’s the Ford F450 super Duty.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked that all auto timers, sleep timers, or energy saving options for your TV are turned off?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
Are you there??
5/27/2022
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Glad you've come here and are willing to let us at Just Answer assist you.

Most campers only have one GFI plug that protects all the other plugs. This plug is most often in the bathroom. If you own a voltmeter I can help you test the beakers, GFI outlet, and the plugs if the GFI reset does not help.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed if not please press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know. Moose

Moose, I’ll run out and get a voltmeter this morning and get back to you. Thanks.

Super

Did you get a meter?

Moose. I got the meter but everything is up and running now. Odd. It fixed itself. Question though. Can the microwave run off of just house battery power or does it need shore power?

The microwave needs AC shore power since it is an AC appliance. The battery (DC power) will not power the microwave unless you have an inverter that changes DC to AC but a microwave would zap the battery voltage pretty quick.

Here is a file that may help https://www.dropbox.com/s/apq3p8lvfm6adtw/RV%20AC%20DC.png?dl=0

Glad to help. If you need to respond to this concern later, please do so. Thanks for letting us help you. In the future, if help with new concerns is needed and you would like me to help. Open a new question at www.justanswer.com then write "For Chris-aka-Moose ONLY" at the beginning of your question. You can also rate and mark me as a favorite. 

Thank you. You have been very helpful. I will ask for you again if I need to.

You are welcome

Appreciate it.