RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to know how to drain fresh water tank on 2015 Thor…

Customer Question
I need to know...

I need to know how to drain fresh water tank on 2015 Thor windsport motorhome

Mechanic's Assistant: The RV Mechanic can show you how to do that. Do you have any other details about the vehicle that could be helpful?

No just got it used and manual not described on how to do I didn't see any connections underneath, but I can't get down on my knees to look

Mechanic's Assistant: Sure, the expert can help with your 2015 Windsport. Do you have the VIN or any serial numbers?

Not handy

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Well I also can't get the entry step to come out it was working the other day and I tried the button in both positions with the coach running and without, also there is a hook up up high on drivers side rear for water (it states something for sanitizing plus draining??)

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: RV
How do I drain fresh water tank on Thor 2015 Windsport can't get entry step to come out with or without engine running and switch in both positions
5/4/2022
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Glad you've come here and are willing to let us at Just Answer assist you. May I get the first name of the person I am helping?

You mentioned not being able to get on your knees. All of the inspections and repairs are going to be under the camper. Ar you able to lay on the ground and roll under the camper?

Ann. Can't get down I am 75 and totally out of shape I do have access to a mirror for looking under

Thanks for those details, Ann, sorry you are experiencing this frustrating RV issue.

The drains for the fresh tank are under the camper near the rear axle. You will need to get down on the ground and under the edge of the camper to look for them. Often they are white or black hoses about 4-6 inches long with a quarter turn valve on the end. There will likely be 2 other drains there 2 for winterizing, they are the low point drains for the cold/hot plumbing lines.

On the steps, step one is to unplug the motor and use a voltmeter to test the power and ground to it as the door is opened to see if there is no signal or if there is a signal which would indicate a bad motor.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed if not please press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know. Moose

It's been a while since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. If more help was/is needed, please reply and let me know.