RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold rv refrigerator model # is DE0061R.it

I have a norcold rv...
I have a norcold rv refrigerator model # is DE0061R.it doesn't want to work with the batteries but will work with 110 or if the motor is running it works fine.just started doing this batteries are all good.the frig is 8 yrs old
5/2/2022
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 5 months ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I have been working on RVs for 35 plus years. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be. May I get the first name of the person I am working with today?  I see you are having an issue with your fridge working off of battery.  When you are on battery only, do the lights and other 12vdc items work inside the RV?

my name is ***** ***** yes everything else works in the rv.the green light is on and the light comes on inside the fridge it just doesn't cool
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 5 months ago

Nice to meet you Dave.  Do you know what the 12vdc voltage is at the fridge when working off of battery only?  This fridge requires a minimum of 10.5 vdc to keep it running.  Give me a few minutes reading through a service manual to find any other causes.

I dont know what the voltage is coming in.i was kinda leaning towards the box on top of thr fridge where the wires plug in
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 5 months ago

That is very possible.  there is a in line fuse on the back of the box but that is good if you have a green light on.

checked the fuse.it was good
not with me
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 5 months ago

When you can get one,  There are some test you can preform to verify where the problem is.  Here is a service manual for your fridge.  Look starting on page 7 for troubleshooting.  There is a flow chart you can use to go step by step.

https://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Norcold-Service-DE0061-early.pdf

ok thank you
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 5 months ago

My pleasure.

KevinS121