RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have power on 1 side of the motorhome inside and 1 side…

Customer Question
We have power on...

We have power on 1 side of the motorhome inside and 1 side we have not power. the 1 gfci in the bathroom has no power to it and the 1 gfci in the bedroom has power. We have no power to the bathroom, refrigerator, microwave or TV plus a couple of outlets.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you replaced any of your microwave's parts before? How old is it?

New 2 years ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year of your Plus?

Can you rephrase the question not sure what plus means

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your Plus and how often do you have it serviced?

We have a 2005 fleetwood 39 discovery MG MH

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I don't believe so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2022
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Glad you've come here and are willing to let us at Just Answer assist you. May I get the first name of the person I am helping?

Do you have a voltmeter to verify there is 120 volts AC into and out of each breaker?

Steve
No

Steve, sorry you are experiencing this frustrating electrical issue.

Can you buy that $30 tool so you can diagnose this electrical concern?

I can probably get one.
There is no power to the gfi in the motor home

Super, I will watch for your reply then

Okay it will be tomorrow morning as we are in California and will have to wait for stores open.
Do to happen to know where to find the breakers for the gfi can be located?

All of the AC-powered appliances and outlets get their power from the same breaker panel. Do you know where that panel is in the camper?

That si where all the breakers would be located.

Okay thank you we will be in touch tomorrow morning

Thanks

Moose, we texted last night, still not sure look for. No power to the gfci?
Are you there?tested gfiNo power to gfi

we do

Does your reply mean you have done the test and found the power out at the breaker is good?

We found 1 twin breaker nit functioning have removed and will try to replace and see if that works

Hopefully, that ends up being the only issue. Make sure the camper is not plugged up when replacing. If this does not address the issue. We need to then remove the GFI that is not working and test the power, ground, and neutral wire there to see if the failure is in the GFI plug.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed if not please press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know. Moose

RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 4 months ago

It's been a while since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. If more help was/is needed, please reply and let me know. 

we are replacing a circuit breaker this afternoon and will respond as soon as we have done this to see if that was the root of the problem
Keep in touch as needed
we still have no power to the outlets in the motorhome although all of the circuit breakers show that they are hot. Looks as though we are going to have to take it in to the repair shop :( thank you for your help

If you do not believe you can test the wiring to the faulty GFI, then a shop would be best.

Glad to help. If you need to respond to this concern later, please do so. Thanks for letting us help you. In the future, if help with new concerns is needed and you would like me to help. Open a new question at www.justanswer.com then write "For Chris-aka-Moose ONLY" at the beginning of your question. You can also rate and mark me as a favorite.