RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I’m getting an EO or E0 code. No peer to the refrigerator.

Customer Question
I’m getting an EO...

I’m getting an EO or E0 code. No peer to the refrigerator. Why

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

How do I reset it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 Cedar Creek 36CK2 Hathaway Edition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I turned it off at the switch several times. No luck. Unplugged shore power and plugged back in. To nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Only thing is I had to turn off the propane to go through a tunnel. I don’t usually turn it off but had to. I have hot water so I know the propane is flowing. But plugged into shore power it should at least be running on electricity

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
Hello. Anybody?This was a waste of money
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/16/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us about your RV. I am Robert and will be assisting you today. May I please have your name?
Sam. But I have fixed my problem

I am very sorry that a RV expert has not contacted you. Experts come and go daily, I was at physical therapy for my son or you would have had a faster response time.

On a Dometic fridge an EO code is a communication fault, it means the circuit board under the outside access panel is not communicating with the display panel inside. What I would do is take the DC power away from the fridge and check all the connectors on the circuit board. The control voltage is DC battery voltage not AC voltage. On the back side of the fridge you should have a terminal block where the DC wires get screwed down into, I would disconnect the wires for about 10 mins and check all the connectors on the board.

Robert

I just got your response and I am glad you have the problem resolved, if something does come up please do not hesitate to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Again I am very sorry for the delay, we try our best to reach out in a timely manner.

Have a great weekend. Robert

I did just that. Disconnected both AC and DC power. It reset and works fine now. I understand why it took a while for a response. I don’t blame you. But it’s unsettling when I pay for something and don’t get a response. That is why I will have to cancel this.

Understand, thanks for your input.

Robert