RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a beeping code oP we can’t seem for reset it. It…

Customer Question
We have a beeping...

We have a beeping code LI oP we can’t seem for reset it . It happened after we had the RV washed

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

2019 norcold RV refrigerator. Model no 1210 serial no 30826467

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

We tried shutting it off and on again. Tried to switch to propane but it won’t stay. Checked the voltage and it it does have voltage.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No light on in refrigerator.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
4/6/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us about your RV. I am Robert and will be assisting you today. May I please have your name?
Mary

Hi Mary!

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the LI OP code.

LI OP means the limit is open, go to the outside access panel and remove the panel and tell me if you see a small black box with a led light on it? Need to know if the light is ON. Make sure the fridge is powered on showing the fault code when you check the sensor.

Robert

I have not heard back so I am going to cover some information for you on this.

The LI OP means the limit is open, under the outside access panel will be a small black box with an LED on it if the light is ON the sensor has tripped and will show the code you are seeing.

Inside the sensor is a reed switch get a strong magnet and hold it right over the light on the sensor for about 30 seconds, you should hear a click when it resets and then the light will go out and then the code will go away.

The problem may be that it got wet when the RV was washed, if this is the case then the light will not reset or possibly it is showing the code with the light not on. IF you can not get it to reset with the magnet I might try drying the sensor out if it got wet. IF that does not work what you could do is take the red and blue wires off the sensor and connect them together for testing only, when you connect the red and blue together you will bypass the sensor and that code should go away. You can not leave it like that just to confirm the sensor is the problem. There is a chance it failed if it get wet.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert