RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Bed room slid out flashing red and green lights, other slide…

Customer Question
Bed room slid out...

Bed room slid out flashing red and green lights, other slide out worked

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

They blink - red fault code and green is lock movement

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2020 fleetwood fortis

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looked at the fuses, not seeing any blown

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

We just had a hard rain and wind so waited to level before trying

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
3/21/2022
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I have been working on RVs for 35 plus years. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be. May I get the first name of the person I am working with today?  I see you are having an issue with your slide out.  You probably have a Lippert slide out system with a controller like this.  On the controller, it will tell you if one red blinking light it is motor one and then the green lights will tell you what the error is.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/complists/slideouts/ccd-0002716.pdf

Hi Kevin. It is a power gear slide out just checked
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Are the slide mechanisms on the sides of the slide out or underneath?

we have Power Gear - not lippert
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Power gear was bought out by Lippert.

Oh OK did not know thatUnderneath
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Does the motor try to turn and only one side moving?

NopeThe front slide workedWould a pic help
SureLet's me send
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

You are seeing the red and green led on the touch pad, is that correct?

RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Lets look at this manual together.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/pg_3010001346.pdf

Look on page 2.  There is a way to clear the faults and move the room.

Looking now
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

How many flashes on the red LED?  page 3 has a list of them.

1 red then 2 greenAlternates
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

2 green is motor 2 and i red is the stop is not set.  That is a major fault.  You will need to remove the pad from the wall and follow the directions to clear the major fault.  Then you should be able to move the room.  I would do this with your engine running for more voltage to the system.

Okay
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Let me know if that works for you.

OkayDo I need to hold the button downpower on
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Look on page 4.

There is a emergency retract mode.

I should have said it is in and we need it out...sorry
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Ok.  if you override, you might still be able to extend it.  press the extend instead of retract.

Now red is solid, green blinking
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

that is ok.  If you have room locks, they are being released.

We don't
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

press extend and see if it moves

No moveWould it be giving this if not levelHad issues levelingHow about bringing in the slide relevel and try again
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

It is best to have the unit level so the room does not hang up.  You need to press the switches within 45 seconds of pressing the clear button for 5 seconds.  Otherwise it goes back into normal mode.  The other option for moving the room is to manually extend it from underneath by releasing the break on the motors and turn the crank a little at a time.

That procedure is on page 4 as well.

Ok. No luck tonightWe may need to call service
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

Ok.  Where are you located.  I can try and get you a list of mobile techs in your area.

does good sam offer mobile rv repair
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 6 months ago

I don't know for sure.  I know they offer roadside assistance to get you to a repair shop like a tow truck or something, but don't know if they do mobile RV tech service.