RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fridge is installed in Oliver travel trailer. Error code "A"

Customer Question
Fridge is installed in...

Fridge is installed in Oliver travel trailer. Error code "A" appears in display when AC option is selected. Checked fuse and it's fine. AC to all other applications works. There is no plug that may have come loose. Power cord appears to be hard wired.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?

Norcold N412.3 ful

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Unit was new in October. Problem started last night. Worked fine at home

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Checked power cord to trailer and associated breakers. Checked 20 qmp fuse. All are ok.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us about your RV. I am Robert and will be assisting you today. May I please have your name?
Ken

Hi Ken! 
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Norcold fridge. Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Ok

So the A fault means the circuit board on the back side of the fridge is not sensing the AC power. Check the breakers on the RV side and then shut the breakers off and check the fuse on the circuit board, the cover comes off the board and will expose some fuses, one is for the AC side. Next what I might do is get a voltage pen or volt meter and see if the fuse on the board has AC voltage, if the fuse has AC voltage then the board is most likely the problem, part of the board is a relay that senses the AC power and allows it to pass AC voltage to the heating element.

IF you have NO AC voltage at the fuse on the board then I would try and trace the AC power source to the fridge, hard to know if they are using an outlet or wired direct to the breaker panel.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert