RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I tripped breaker and don't know how to fix it. 2004

Customer Question
I tripped breaker and...

I tripped breaker and don't know how to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2004 national dolphin

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I don't know we're to look as I'm out camping

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No it's just over loaded it and it tripped

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
3/13/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us about your RV. I am Robert and will be assisting you today. May I please have your name?
My name is shelle

Hi Shelle

Sorry to hear you are having electrical problems, please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Okay

As a general rule the breaker panel is going to be inside the RV. Many times the breaker panel is near the floor line, could be under the fridge, on the outside base of the bed, sometimes the breaker panel will be inside a cabinet in the bedroom/closet area. Very seldom do you find the breakers outside, look in the compartment where the shore line is located an the storage compartments next to the shore cord.

You also want to go around the RV and make sure you do not trip a GFI, these will be certain outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley areas but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside of the RV.

IF you have an inverter you want to check that as well for a tripped breaker, an inverter allows you to have AC power when you are not plugged in, if you had an inverter you would have a remote panel or switch inside the RV to turn it on and off. Most inverters will have one or two breakers on them that can be small round buttons or switches. Not all RV's have inverters and some it is an option.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Can you tell me how to turn on heater
We answer per issue or problem so going forward you will need to open a new question, it is how I get credit for helping.

All you need to do is make sure the propane is turned on, turn the thermostat ON and select the furnace option and then raise the temp on the thermostat, the fan should come on for the furnace when you do that.

IF that is not happening please feel free to open a new question and I can go into more details.

Robert