RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I turn on the hester heater. No leaking. We have

How do I turn...

How do I turn on the hester heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No leaking . We have never operated a camper before and do not if it should be running of propane or not I know how to turn the ac on but it’s freezing it says furnace when u change it to I guess the heater but it’s nit blowing heat at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Crusader

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes me and my husband I can not get the control panel to hook up to internet and somehow the apps have been deleted do I can not look up on tablet to see owners manual about heater . I have no idea if the heater runs if electric propane or what

2/9/2022
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. Glad you've come here and are willing to let us at Just Answer assist you. May I get the first name of the person I am helping?

Can I get some info on your camper year, make, model. So I can see the setup you have?

Does your camper have a fireplace?

Are you dry camping or plugged up at a campsite?

Amanda and it's a crusader im trying to find the year on it now . Yes it has a fireplace plugged up

Thanks for those details, Amanda (I have one of those snoring nearby), sorry you are experiencing this frustrating heating issue.

While waiting. Turn on the electric fireplace to get some heat as well you can turn on the stove top propane burners to get some heat.

We need heat so bad it's freezing and we have never had to use heater here before so we need to know how to turn it on . I have the heater on the thermostat it says furnace 73 and I have it on high .so this is our first time staying on camper . How do you turn on the stove with propane? I don't mean to sound stupid first time ever staying in camper

If your stove has gas burners then you turn the knob to lite then turn the spark knob to ignite it.

Which camper do you have? https://primetimerv.com/fifth-wheels/crusader

Can you use the remote or buttons on the fireplace to turn it on?

I do have the heater on fireplace and I know how to light the stove but do I need to go turn on the propane or do they already stay
Turned on like the propane valve open?

You would need to turn the valve on at the propane tank if it has never been turned on.

I’m looking for the model u can nit find ur it’s similar floor plan with the one with outside kitchen but it’s a queen bed not a king . Does heater run off the propane as well

Yes, the furnace does use propane.

Is this a travel trailer or a 5th wheel?

5th wheel
No that has a king bed mine is a queen bed to the right the other room has a sofa pull down bed above on the right side of the room on the left it has lie a loft and a desk maybe built in . In the middle of camper there is a butcher block tall refrigerator black n stainless steel gas stove microwave and oven . Fireplace with stereo surround above it with a huge tvNit huge but 55 maybe

Is this your camper? https://primetimerv.com/fifth-wheels/crusader/382MBH/3810

Were you able to turn on the propane tank?

I can't get my rv app to load on manual cause somehow my apps been erased all it shows me my rv and the leveling. Under the app button all it will over me is date and time , My RV sync Media, adobe Reader. There is no option for me to hook up to internet so I can maybe see a manual

That is not my camper I'm about to go outside now and try to find where the propane tanks areI just turned both propane's to the right so hopefully that turned them on

Normally they are under the front overhang in the compartment or on the front left in a comprtment.

If the tanks have propane in them, then the stove should be able to light.

Looks like the oven temperature was going up by two degrees but I can't get the stove to light . I feel so stupid. Wish my husband was here to help me . I guess the tanks are empty I will have to go get them filled . So when I fill them up how do I turn on the heater just by Turing on thermostat?

It does appear like the tanks are empty. Once filled, turn the stovetop on to purge all the air out of the lines. Then turn on the heat so the furnace kicks on. The fireplace should be able to heat the camper well enough if the outside temp is above 45 degrees.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed if not please press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know. Moose

It's been a while since you replied. I am going to mark your question complete for now. If more help was/is needed, please reply and let me know. 

Filled m up one of propane and it still wasn't working right I have a question though im how do I reset the Onecontrol computer on the screen all my sos are ant swing up so I and ckabv

You can remove the fuse that powers the board for one minute. That should reset it.

Since the propane appliances are not working, you may need to have all of this repaired under warranty since it's a new RV.

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic