RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

New norcold Rv refrigerator. Stopped running when left on…

Customer Question
New norcold Rv refrigerator...

New norcold Rv refrigerator. Stopped running when left on plugged in to truck over night Now panel is blank with beeper. Display shows Low DL. Have truck running now. Assume trailer battery is low. Was running on gas mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge?

Was new last year. In motel room now

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Was running all day down road. Running up to last night. Panel is blank now won’t respond

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

New model installed last year

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/7/2022
RV Mechanic: BillP310, RVIA Certification replied 7 months ago
BillP310
BillP310, RVIA Certification

Hi, I'm Bill an RV tech expert. I've had approximately 30 years experience in the business and have worn most hats on the parts and service sides including Service Manager, Parts Manager, Shop Foreman, Service Tech, and dealership Concierge I was Monaco Expert Tech certified and have extensive experience with all Class A, B, and C coaches and travel trailers including 5 years of Airstream experience. I retired from day to day work in November 2020 and am now able to pass along my knowledge to our guests here at Just Answer.

Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Please give me just a bit to review your question and provide an initial response. Thanks for using our service and I'll be back with you shortly.

Regards, Bill

Norcold Rv stopped running overnight. Beeper displaying Lo Dl. Truck running now charging low trailer battery. Trailer plugged to truck. Panel on frig blank won't respond

Good morning.  I could use a little more info on your refer.  Can you get me the model number?  I believe the code it was trying to produce would be low DC which means there is insufficient voltage to operate the refer control circuits.  This leads to a complete shutdown of the fridge even running on gas. The fact that you have a blank display further confirms this and it sounds like your camper battery is very low.  If you are plugged into your truck and the fridge still won't come on then I would suspect that there may be a blown fuse in the charge line on the truck.  You can verify by seeing if any of the lights or anything in the trailer are working and also checking at the monitor panel in the trailer.  Most trucks have fuse for the charge line in the under hood fuse box and they do blow occasionally.  Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,  Bill

Trailer inside lights on but very dim. Truck running now,but only for an hour. Hopefully when battery gets charged up a bit will be able to startfrig again??

If the trailer lights are very dim then the charge is not getting to the trailer.  They should be very bright with the truck running even after just a couple minutes.  I would check the truck fuses and also wiggle your tow plug around to make sure you're getting good contact.  If you don't have the manual for the truck let me know what you're running and I can direct you to the fuse location. Let me know.  Thanks,  Bill

Chev 2500 had. 2018HD

Did you get it going?  Let me know.  Thanks

Looks like poor trailer connection was problem. Thanks. Was 37.00 charge to my credit card for your services. Just went through fraud alert. Never saw where that amount was being changed!!! Do appreciate Your helpChargedNever knew that was being charged

Glad you got it going.  I'm sorry but I don't know how billing works.  We are independent contractors that the questions are directed to.  If there is an issue please contact Just Answer at(###) ###-####  Sorry for any confusion but I'm glad I was able to help.  Thanks,  Bill