RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Why does my leveling system says my jacks are down? They are…

Customer Question
Why does my leveling system...
Why does my leveling system says my jacks are down? They are not down. 2012 fleetwood storm 33q
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/22/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for contacting us about your RV. I am Robert and will be assisting you today. May I please have your name?

Hi Eric! Sorry to hear you are having the dash alarm come on, please allow me several mins to respond on this.

Thanks, Robert

great

The number one cause on a hydraulic leveling system with the jacks down light on when they are up is low fluid level in the tank. As the jacks retract the fluid gets pushed back to the tank and a float switch tells the dash panel if the jacks are up, so if the fluid is low then the light will come on telling you they are down when they are not. IF you run the jacks listen for the pump/motor and go to that area, the hydraulic tank will be connected to the pump/motor. IT will take Dexron fluid and you want to fill the tank right below the fill port with the jacks retracted, never fill with them extended.

It is possible you have electric jacks as well, Fleetwood used several arrangements over the years, Power Gear would be the most common it would say on your control panel. IF you want to send me a photo of your control panel I should be able to send you some photos and more troubleshooting. You can add photos into your response using the paper clip icon on the page, I am around daily so no hurry on my end.

Robert

ok thanks

No problem at all.

IF you still need more help on this please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Have a great weekend!

Robert

IF that is the case you may have a float switch or pressure switch problem. Let me locate some troubleshooting for you on this. I will respond back shortly.

Robert

Thanks

Below is a service manual link for you, it has a troubleshooting section and this condition is in the troubleshooting. I am going to see if there is more info on testing the float switch, if I find more info I will pass it along.

Robert

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Power-Gear-Electronic-Leveling-Touch-Pad-Kit-Parts-and-Service-Manual-500629S-82_L0506.pdf

thanks

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/technical-information-sheets/power_gear/leveling/pg_82_l0512.pdf

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Lippert-82-L0511.pdf

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Lippert-82-L0509.pdf

They use a few different style float switches, I sent you info on how to ID and test each one. If the flat switch test good then you could have a wiring problem. In the service manual I sent it shows a control box, the control box powers the control panel inside the RV I might locate that and check all the connections on it.

Also so you know Lippert now owns Power Gear in case parts are needed.

Robert