RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No power to my rv microwave. No power to the outlet. 2006…

Customer Question
No power to my...

No power to my rv microwave

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

No power to the outlet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 tiffin phaeton

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes yes

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the microwave outlet, please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

no thank

You do want to plug something else into the outlet, the reason being is most microwaves have an internal fuse and if that has blown the microwave will not turn on.

Go to the breaker panel and turn off all the breakers and then turn them back on sometimes a breaker can trip and not look likr it.

Go around the RV and make sure you do not have a tripped GFI, these will be certain outlets with a test and reset on them, they are normally in the bathroom and or galley areas but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside of the RV.

IF you have an inverter you also want to check that for a tripped breaker, an inverter allows you to have AC power when you are not plugged in and they like to run the outlet circuit through the inverter, most inverters will have one or two breakers on them they can be small round buttons or switches.

I would also inspect the outlet and make sure nothing has come loose, see if any other outlets are not working and check the connections on them.

Beyond this it could be in the wiring from the breaker panel to the microwave, that would require a diagram from Tiffin, they do not publish diagrams online or I would give one to you.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

Didn’t work

IF that is the case it sounds like the problem is in the wiring from the breaker panel to the microwave, this is very difficult to know where the problem is as the wiring runs in the wall. You might want to contact Fleetwood to see if they are willing to give you a diagram of the circuit, they do not publish diagrams online or I would give you one, you have checked all the basic items and it sounds like it is the actual wiring.

Robert