RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is the ITS-50R transfer switch located on a 2005

Customer Question
Where is the ITS-50R...

Where is the ITS-50R transfer switch located on a 2005 Holiday Rambler RV?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The Inverter/converter/charger is not charging the house batteries.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
1/4/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

This can be a difficult question on location as it can change per floor plan. As a general rule on the Holiday Ramblers and Monaco products the transfer switch is normally located next to the shore cord in an outside compartment, some models they can be inside in the bedroom or in back of the main breaker panel. Might be under the bed or in a lower cabinet in the bedroom. Both the shore line and generator cable will go direct to the transfer switch.

The inverter will take the AC voltage and charge the batteries so without the AC power the batteries are not going to charge. What you may also want to try is shut off all the breakers inside the RV, go unplug the RV from shore power and turn the supply breaker OFF, plug back in turn the supply breaker back on and then the breakers inside the RV. Sometimes if you take away all the AC power to the transfer switch and re-energize it may reset and allow the power to pass.

Robert

ok, thanks

No problem at all.

Robert

I see you gave given me a negative review, my goal is for you to be satisfied. IF you still can not find the transfer switch please get back to me with the model of the Holiday Rambler. 

Robert