RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

EO light on. On the outside of fridge use turn off and on.

Customer Question
EO light on Mechanic's...

EO light on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the outside of fridge use turn off and on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Keystone Montana high country

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Montana?

2020

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Went to outside compartment took door off unplugged waited 5 minutes and plugged back in turn on inside still EO

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

It was on in very cold Ohio weather

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2022
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having an EO code, please allow me several mins to type a response, I need to wrap up with another RV owner and I will respond back.

Robert

The EO code is a communication fault, it means the circuit board under the outside access panel is not communicating with the display panel inside that you use to turn the fridge on. The circuit that powers the board is DC voltage so you need to take away the DC voltage on the back of the fridge, when you do this the control panel will go blank and the interior light will go off. Sometimes taking away the DC power can reset the board. While the DC power is disconnected I would also unplug the outlet and then check all the connections on the board really good. Then hook everything back up and see if the fault is still present. IF the EO code will not go away the circuit board is the most suspect but outside chance the display panel is the problem.

IF you can get me the model of the fridge I can send you a photo of where the DC power hooks up on the back side of the fridge.

Robert

RM1350SLMX

See link below page 30 it would be Terminal block 12 VDC, the wires get screwed down into the block, disconnect them for about 15 mins and then check all the wiring on the board make sure nothing has come loose.

IF you need more help please let me know.

Robert

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Appliances/Refrigerator/Dometic/RM1350_Dometic_Refer_Install_&_Operating_Instructions.pdf

How many do you disconnect

You would disconnect all the wires on one side of the terminal block, when you get the proper wires the display will go blank and the interior light will go out.

Robert

Ok

IF that does not work the circuit board is the most suspect but an outside chance the wiring from the board to the display or the display is the issue. The choice on that is to replace the circuit board or see if a mobile RV tech or shop can swap out the components to help narrow this down, from my experience with this code the circuit board is normally the issue.

Robert

Thank you very much it is working.
Good Job, sometimes this is not always the case, great job!

Have a fantastic day!

Robert