RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold all-electric refrigerator/freezer in my…

I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold all-electric refrigerator/freezer in my Sunset Trail RV trailer. It's not making any cold. Normal operating lights on, checked settings and adjustments, doesn't cool. Inside the fridge temps are essentially the same as ambient outside the fridge. Trailer has been plugged into 110 volt shore power all the while. Problem observed first three days ago while ambient temps were 50's daytime, 40's night. Currently below freezing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge?

Model # N10DCBSSL

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Failed within last week. So far, checked electrical fuse, OK; normal on/off blue light function OK; temperature adjustments seem to work OK; no error codes showing; can hear something running when switched ON.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Unit purchase about 15 months ago installed in new Sunset Trail RV trailer.

1/3/2022
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 9 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 12 years. I have responded to over 75,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about. I also teach people like yourself about RV systems and appliances at the local JC every now and then. I know this is technical stuff, but I like to keep it personable if I can. Who am I assisting here with this please?

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those usually last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and your trust in our reputation is appreciated!

I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your Norcold AC fridge. I should be able to get this sorted out quickly and I will try my best not to make this sound like "rocket science", but please remind me about that if I do. Thanks! Randall

My name is*****
Good morning, Paul!  Based on what you shared in your question I suspect that this is being caused by a refrigerant leak on the cooling unit.  That would need to be checked and tested to confirm that by some good "hands on" diagnosis by a good HVAC technician.  Some RV shops might not have the tools and expertise this will require.  All electric fridges are pretty new in the RV business.  I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction.  I am going to add a link to the Norcold Service Manual for this model.  You might want to print this out and keep it handy.  Randall

Norcold manual link:  https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/OM_N10DCX-10_640137D_20191213.pdf

I hope this information proves helpful and points you in the right direction. Please feel free to get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this issue as we have no time limits on our questions where some follow ups are needed in order to fully resolve an issue.

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer to find a solution! I hope you will keep us in mind the next time you have an RV issue that needs some immediate attention. Much of our business here at Just Answer comes from repeat customers! You might keep in mind that we have dozens of other categories that can address all kinds of problems. I have used several of those myself over the years with excellent results. Please be safe out there and have a great day! Randall

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification