RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have an almost new 2022 grey wolf. My one propane tank was…

Good Morning………..I have an...

Good Morning………..I have an almost new 2022 grey wolf. My one propane tank was empty and the other was 1/4 full. I closed the valves removed the tanks and had them filled. When I returned, I connected the tanks but forgot to turn them on. I went in my camper, frurned the heat on and the fan for approximately 30 seconds when I realized the tanks weren’t open. I ran outside and opened the tanks but when I went back inside the fan had stopped. I tried to start it several times but the led Indicator on the thermostat would blink three times and then stop trying to start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I did try the stove and it started right away. this is a forced hot air system. I looked in the book and didn’t see a reference to coolant non did I see any reset on the unit. The fuse was good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '22 RV?

I’ll go look.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Grey Wolf limited 20rdse

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I wasn’t starting out to do a repair job. I was looking for a reset and eliminating those things I thought pertinent. Aside from what is above, I don’t have any more information.

12/27/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the furnace.

Will the fan come on for the furnace now? When you turn the thermostat ON and raise the temp the first thing that should happen is the fan should come on, is that happening?

Thanks, Robert

After trying it at least 10 times yesterday, nothing happened. However, it just cam on. No heat yet.It is working now. I guess I didn’t have propane all the way to the furnace. Thank You.

OK, need to listen for the electrode and see if it is sparking or not, if the electrode is NOT sparking then it is not a propane problem, the electrode should spark if propane is present or not.

IF it is sparking then you probably got air in the lines and it will take multiple tries to get it to light off. Go to the propane tank, shut the supply valve and then slowly open it up, then run the stove burner for about 15 mins and while the burner is running try the furnace again, sometimes if the supply valve is opened to fast the regulator may lock up and you may not get full line pressure. Slowly open the valve and then run the burner then try the furnace several times.

IF the electrode is not sparking after the fan comes on please let me know.

Robert

Just got your response, that is great news, if something comes up with this please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Have a great New Years!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thank you for your assistance. 2022 will be a great camping year.

No problem at all!

Have a great day!

Robert