RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic fridge model RM1350SLMX- error code E3 when hooked…

Customer Question
Dometic fridge model RM1350SLMX-...

Dometic fridge model RM1350SLMX- error code E3 when hooked up to 120V. unplug trailer, run on LP and error code goes away.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

Trailer not applicable

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2021 Winnebago 2427RB

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Reset the switch- did not work

Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: RV
12/12/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 12 months ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I have been working on RVs for 35 plus years. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be.  I see you are having issues with your fridge.  give me a few minutes to do some research and I will be right back.

One thing you might check is your GFCI outlet in the bathroom or kitchen area.  the fridge is normally tied into it.  You might not be getting 120vac to the fridge when plugged in.

trailer is 5 feet away- I will look now
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 12 months ago

Ok.

no gfi tripped. my meter says i have 120V at the fridge plug in which i new but had unplugged trailer to trouble shoot. Fridge works on LP
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 12 months ago

E3 error code saids that there is a problem with the cooling unit.  That does not make sense if the fridge cools on gas.  What does make sense is that you might have a blown fuse on the control board on the back of the fridge that goes to the heating elements of the 120vac system.

ok. the control board is not accesible from the outside (they didn't make the opening big enough to even see it. Looks like i am going to have to pull the fridge to get to it
just vertified- it will only run on LP unplugged from 120V. i plug it in, it fires on LP then flashes the LP code which says air in line, bottle empty, ignition failed or obstruction in burner. again, only happens if I plug it in to 120
yeah but the opening is only 24 inches wide, the black casing is not any where close to even being able to reach it- poor design! LOL
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 12 months ago

It is a lot easier to remove the outside vent that has a larger opening than just the door than trying to remove the fridge.

understood but its a double door fridge and they put the outside vent all the way to the left making the whole right side unrechable....ugh
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 12 months ago

Ok,  yeah,  they messed up on the design there.  You might be able to access it by pulling fridge part way out.  check your propane line for flexibility.  There will be some screws on the inside of the fridge holding it to the cabinet on top and bottom.  There will be a couple screws holding it in place on the back floor area.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Appliances/Refrigerator/Dometic/RM1350_Dometic_Refer_Install_&_Operating_Instructions.pdf

Look on page 31.  The 1350M is the same as the 1350SL

Look on page 26 for error codes.  This manual is says

• Overheating thermostat is disconnected. • The cooling unit has been overheated. Service is required.

Here is a service manual to help you as well.

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf

Thanks I actually have the manual. I ripped the couch out and can get to one side of the control box from inside, one side from outside but i am going to have to get a mirror to see if there are any fuses. If there are i am only going to be able to reach then with 90 degree needle nose pliers. what a poor design. thanks for the help.
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 12 months ago

My pleasure.

Glad I could help. I appreciate good ratings for my service today. If you are not satisfied with my service today, please let me know so I can do better next time. There are also other experts available to help you as well. Thanks for using Just Answer and have a great day.

Happy RVing and Merry Christmas

***** *****

Customer/p>