RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My ref cools on gas but not on ac or dc. I’ve checked all…

Customer Question
My ref cools on...

My ref cools on gas but not on ac or dc. I’ve checked all the fuses and they all appear ok. Any suggestions ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

There is one inside the camper near the floor. Where else should I look ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1999 StarCraft pop up camper 8 foot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to level real well and plugged in the 120 v power cord turned the controls to auto and ac. On coldest setting. Nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Send away I,m ready

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: RV
12/4/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge? Should be a sticker inside the box on the side wall.

Thanks, Robert

Domestic mod rm2354 ser 16700098

Thanks...

Please give me several mins to look some specs up for this model.

Robert

if the fridge is working on propane and not AC or DC power then I would ohm out the elements to see if they are good, the AC heating elements run from the flue canister to the circuit board under the outside access panel. You would disconnect the wires from the board and ohm out the wires leading to the element inside the flue, you should have 80 ohms on the AC heating element and .96 ohms on the DC heating element, below is a link for a service manual. See pages 10 & 11. 

Also the cover comes off the circuit board and will expose some fuses, since yours is a 3 way you will have three fuses, one fuse is for the AC element, one fuse is for the DC element and the other fuse is the control fuse that runs the board which is DC voltage. Unplug the fridge and check the fuses.

Finally when you are running on DC or AC power you should have voltage on the wires going to the elements, one element will use AC power and the other DC power, if you have voltage at the outlet, the fuses are not blown but have NO voltage on the wires leading to the element the circuit board is the issue as it is not passing the voltage.

Look the service manual over, it should help out.

Robert

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-RM2354-Diagnostic-Service-Manual.pdf