RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a domestic RM1350MX in my genesis vortex Platnum and…

Customer Question
I have a domestic...

I have a domestic RM1350MX in my genesis vortex Platnum and it is not cooling. it comes on can fire a fan running but won't even begin to cool on propane or electric. Where do I start to troubleshoot

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Its in a trailer and yes batteries fully charged

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Genesis?

2019

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Genesis yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself as dealers to backed up. I've topped off propane to make sure plenty of gas and that did not help but still getting a small blue flame. I checked all fuses in the back panel they are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I believe that's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
11/19/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your RM 1350 not cooling.

Do you have a volt meter?

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where im at all I have is a a test light with built in meter

OK

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Normally when you get no cooling or poor cooling on BOTH sources the thermistor, fans or cooling unit is the issue.

You can hear the fans cycling on and off so they are not the issue.

The thermistor would be next to test but you need a volt meter to ohm it out. One end sits on a back fin inside the box, the other end shares the connector with the interior light. You would stick the end that is on the fin in a cup of ice water for 5 mins and then disconnect the connector at the light and then ohm the wires leading to the thermistor in the cup of ice water, you should have 8K-10K ohms.

The other possible problem is the cooling unit, make sure the fridge is level, when a cooling unit becomes blocked the ammonia solution stops circulating and you will loose cooling. Make sure the fridge is level. What you can try for that is go to the outside access panel and remove it, locate the tubes that go back and forth on the back side of the fridge and give them a good tap with a rubber mallet, after doing this let the fridge run several hours, sometimes tapping the tubes will help get the circulation going again.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mine does not have that in the inside it has a single white cable that comes thru the back of the refrigerator and is screed to the top
Of the refrigerator

Yes you are correct the 1350 has several variations. So the thermistor will plug into the circuit board under the outside access panel, the cover comes off the board it is normally marked P-2 and is a two wire connector, stick the end inside the box in a cup of ice water for 5 mins and then with the thermistor disconnected from the board ohm the wires out should be 8K-10K ohms, the 1350 has about a dozen variations or sub models.

Robert