RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

S., I would like to know if when my 2011 R Vision 19FS super…

Second Opinion] S Mechanic's...

Second Opinion] S

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your RV?

Hello my name is***** would like to know if when my 2011 R Vision 19FS super sport is hooked up to a 30amp connection, shouldn't it keep my aux. battery charge, because mine doesn't, aux. battery goes dead within a week?

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi there. Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Yes before I had a 30amp connector at home I was using a 110 connection and the battery stayed charged! this doesn't make sense!

11/13/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

No problem Robert

You are correct this does not make sense unless the 30 amp service you are plugging into is the issue.

When you plug into power the power converter takes the incoming AC voltage and makes the DC voltage and charges the battery, the voltage at the battery should range between 12.5 volts DC and 14.5 volts DC. IF the battery is charging off of a standard 110 outlet then you have to look at the 30 amp supply. I would try and plug the RV into another 30 amp service or you could be chasing your tail. In a RV a 30 amp service is one hot leg of 110 volts coming into the RV, some owners will make the mistake of plugging into a welder or dryer outlet and that is 220 direct which can damage the RV.

What you also might want to try is get a polarity checker and plug it into the outlets, this will tell you if a wiring problem is going on from the source you are using, most places like Home depot or Lowes have them for a few dollars, it plugs into the outlets and will have lights on it that light up to tell you if you have a wiring issue and what type of fault.

Beyond that you may want a mobile RV tech or shop have a look at this.

Hope this helps some.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic