RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Atwood 8525-IV-DCLP will not stay running. Checked sail…

My Atwood 8525-IV-DCLP will not...
My Atwood 8525-IV-DCLP will not stay running. Checked sail and high limit switch circuit, shows continuity. Burner relay opens and gas is ignited as heat exit the exhaust pipe until it shuts off after about 5 seconds. This start/stop happens three times then fan stops and LED on circuit flashes three, off for several seconds and re-flashes until I turn off power. Unit is in a 2008 Pioneer travel trailer. Is this enough info to diagnose problem?
10/28/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response, I need to wrap up with another RV owner and will respond back.

Robert

Ok

You did a good job troubleshooting and this is a process of elimination.

We have to assume the LP pressure is good, go to the propane tank and shut the supply valve, slowly open it back up, sometimes if the valve is opened to fast the regulator might lock up and you may not get full line pressure, after you slowly open the valve run a stove burner for several mins and try again. I understand if the other propane appliances are working.

Since you have continuity through the sail and limit switch the circuit board is very suspect, most RV stores have a special board tester and can tell if the board is bad or not. If the board checks out good I would start off with replacing the electrode.

Also if the furnace has been sitting all summer and you have this issue get an air nozzle and blow out the exhaust sometimes mud daubers can get inside the burner and make nests, when this happens the air flow is not correct and the furnace may not fire off, have seen this condition many times over the years and want to make sure that is not the case. Again this typically happens on units that sit all summer.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic