RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We had a door replaced on our jayco silver line caravan due…

Customer Question
We had a door...

We had a door replaced on our jayco silver line caravan due to a manufacturing fault,around 2 years ago and now I have 4 crackes in behind the glass panel of the door.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Jayco silver liner outback 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Outback yourself? What have you tried so far?

No have reported it jayco in Mackay and have been informed from jayco that we will have to pay $1600 for a new door which is unacceptable when the door is only just over 2 years old

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
10/24/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. Who am I speaking with today if you do not mind?

Can you provide pictures showing the cracked area?

Since a couple of days have passed with no response, I am going to try and provide an answer. Please respond when you can, with the information asked prior, then I can help better. I cannot be as accurate and thorough as I would like in my answer, so I will keep it short and sweet for now.

I am not able to get the warranty claim to go through but I could possibly tell you why it occurred with pictures. I believe it to be a manufacturing defect.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed if not please press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know. Moose