RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Water dont work. Heater. F R surveyor 2021 203 rekle. Took…

Water dont work Mechanic's...

Water dont work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

F R surveyor 2021 203 rekle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took two trips gas stove work fine

10/24/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 12 years. I have responded to over 70,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated!

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your fresh water system.  I should be able to assist you with this issue. Randall

Using the onboard pump and fresh water tank or hooked up to city water?

Once you give me that information I requested I can give you some things to check here.  I am around for another 5 hours or so today and most of tomorrow as well.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hoook up city waer Fooest river surveyorr so sorry 2021 203rkledmetic surburban

Dometic is an Atwood version.  Suburban is made by Coleman now.  Which do you have and it comes on and won't heat the water or just not coming on at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nnothing at all hh appensmoemodeeel wh 6 geadont know which one it isDometic think

That is a Dometic model that was Atwood.  If neither mode works then it is usually the thermal fuse on the brown lead there at the thermostat right about the middle of the outside once you open up that panel OR the control board.  If you have a 12 VDC test light you can test this pretty quickly.  See the attached Service Manual link that includes this model.  Print it out if you are able to.  Randall  http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Atwood-Master-Water-Heater-Manual.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks lot randy !!

You are most welcome!  See the attached photo link of what a thermal fuse looks like, but yours may not be so burned up looking.  https://f01.justanswer.com/YeSpe64x/4AC3A43D-86FA-45CC-873B-758F61F7FFD0.jpeg

Use a 12 VDC test light to probe both sides of that fuse and then OUT of the thermostat.  If you have good DC voltage to the board then chances are good that is is defective.  Made in China and not good quality.  If that is defective I would install a good aftermarket board made in Oregon by Dinosaur Electronics.  Your model would take a UIB-64 version.  You can buy a pack of thermal fuses on Amazon for about $12 I think.   I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction.  Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this issue as we have no time limits on any of our questions.  Thanks!  Randall

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification