RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I’ve recently purchased a crusader bhl 395 fifth wheel rv…

Customer Question
Hi, I’ve recently purchased...

Hi, I’ve recently purchased a crusader bhl 395 fifth wheel rv trailer about a week ago. It has a WH-6GEA water heater in it. The electric part never worked at all from the start and I switched to propane and that worked for two days. I check the breaker and the fuse. Would you know what might be going on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

I have a breaker box in the trailer and the water heater has a 2 amp fuse. It was good. Breaker for water heater was tripped when I first checked. Switched it back and still nothing. Would you know where the second fuse panel is located?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Prime Time Crusader 395 BHL 2021

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checking the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I don’t think so. The RV’s Brand New I tried taking the the dealership and they said to get in touch with you guys

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2021
RV Mechanic: Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic

Good Afternoon ,

If the water heater was turned on when the tank was empty it may have burned up the electric element . you want to check if the electric element is getting power

The tank was never empty
We are hooked up to shore power and waterHow can you tell if the electric element has burned?

there is a small oval cover  on the outside  that you remove and then just  check for power at the element and check for continuity through the element

Thank you. I'm going to have to get a voltage meter

yes you will , once you get one let me know if you have more questions

Thank you

my pleasure