RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

A beeping sound every 30 seconds or so seems to be from the…

Customer Question
A beeping sound every...

A beeping sound every 30 seconds or so seems to be from the alert for RV propane alarm

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Winnebago view 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turned off propane

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Not that I think is connected to this problem

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: RV
Fixing my self if I know what to fix I thought it was coming from the propane alert near ‘frig but also hearing it up front!!!lights inside are dimInside lights are getting very dimBeep every 21 secondsIs this a 24 hr service?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/11/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good evening! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 12 years. I have responded to over 70,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated!   It just showed up here in the RV section so I don't know where it has been for a few days!

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your house batteries being charged enough to keep the LP alarm from beeping.  I can assist you with this issue.  Randall

This beeping is to tell you that the battery(s) are running low and that is proven by by the lights dimming here as well.  If you are not plugged into shore power then you need to think about that or run the generator if you have one.  This can be caused by the battery(s) failing or the converter or inverter/charger not able to keep them charged up.  That can be checked using a small digital multimeter like the one in the attached photo link.  About $20 or so and easy to use and found at most local hardware stores.  That charging voltage should be between 13.6 and 14.2 VDC.  I would start there.  Maybe have the battery(s) load tested to be sure that they are viable.  I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction.  Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this issue as we have no time limits on any of our questions here.

Multimeter photo link:  http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Ff4DNNY7/c40495a6-bec8-4129-895c-31c7367c3a09.jpeg