RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to replace a dometic refrigerator RML8555 and dometic…

I need to replace...

I need to replace a dometic refrigerator RML8555 and dometic says to replace with sku(###) ###-#### I went to that sku and it does not exist and Camping world said the same. Instead they said the RMD10.5XT can be used in it's place and I just want to be sure prior to ordering from a company

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2014 Itasca Navion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried fixing the unit with a mechanic and the refrigerator cools beautifully when plugged in but once you remove the electrical the refrigerator portion does not hold anything cold. We are opting to just put in a new frig but want to be sure we are purchasing the right thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Not yet....but the freezer is ice cold

10/5/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok....

Please allow me several mins so I can pull specs and compare the two models.

Thanks, Robert

Have you heard of Dyers RV online?

Yes I have actually pretty good company.

okCan a person buy directly from Dometic or do you have to go through the dealers

Your current model is a 5.3 cubic foot model kind of an odd ball size.

The current one RML 8555 has a height of 49 1/4 width 20 7/8 and the depth is 23 5/8

The RMD 10.5 XT is 49 1/8 height, 20 1/2 width and the height is 23 5/8

So yes this model would fit for your existing one.

I have not seen this model in the field yet so I can not speak how reliable it is very new model that just came out.

Robert

Ok so it looks like it's going to fit right in without any gaps?Camping world ordered one that was a lot more expensive sku(###) ###-####and dometic said that is a sku for australia. same refrigerator but different sku so I have been really confused. You would trust Dyers?

The gaps would be very minimum we are talking only 1/8" which I can tell you will not be an issue, sometimes when you have a very old model the cabinet needs to be modified allot, the 10.5 XT is the best option for you.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Excellent....thanks so much...

No problem at all.

From my experience Dyers is a very good source and company have used them before.

Robert

So after looking at the specs on this it looks like the AC input voltage is 240 volts, that would not work as in the US the supply is 120 volts, make sure you verify with Dyers the AC input voltage or what the fridge plugs into. In the US most all RV's use 120 volt not 240.

I am not sure if there is a conversion for this model or not but you probably need it to work on 120 volts and not 240.

A Norcold N4150 is also a 5.3 Cubic foot that would fit as well, some modifications may need to be done such as the propane line and some wiring to make it work, just another option.

See link below.

https://norcold.com/product/norcold-n4150-refrigerator/

Thanks so much for that!

No problem at all!

Robert