RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My norcold refrigerator model n611 stopped cooling yesterday…

My norcold refrigerator model...

My norcold refrigerator model n611 stopped cooling yesterday refrigerator nor the freezer....I checked all the fuses and breakers on my camper but all are good

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your Norcold fridge?

The camper is a 2011 so I guess its a 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

It just started yesterday...I switched from electric to gas to see if that would fix the problem but it did not and I checked all the fuses and breakers

9/25/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

ok thank you

Normally when you get no cooling on both sources (propane and electric) the cooling unit and thermistor are suspsect.

Inside the box on a back fin is a thermistor, it shares the connector with the interior light, what you can do for a test is disconnect the thermistor and let the fridge run for several hours, when you disconnect it the fridge will go into a FULL cooling cycle, if the box gets cold then I would replace it. Again it shares the connector with the interior light.

The cooling unit is also suspect, a cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. For a rupture you might smell ammonia or see a yellowish powder on the back side of the fridge.

A blockage occurs when the ammonia solution inside the cooling unit stops circulating, when this happens you loose cooling and only would apply if the box does not get cold on either source. Make sure the fridge is level. Go to the outside access and locate the cooling unit tubes, these tubes zig zag back and forth on the backside of the fridge, get a rubber mallet and tap the tubes really good and then let the fridge run fir several hours, sometimes tapping the tubes can help get the ammonia solution circulating again, no guaranties in doing that but it is worth a shot trying.

Robert

ok thank you I will try both of those options thank you very much

Glad I could help some.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Have a great evening.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic