RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2012 forest river sandpiper is the a way to

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 forest river sandpiper is the a way to manually close the front slid outs?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the model of your 2012 Forest River?

Sandpiper 366fl

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2012 Forest River?

Its a 5th wheel that stays in a campground

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
9/18/2021
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago
James Davy

Good afternoon welcome to just answer my name is James.

Sorry to hear about your slide issues.

I will need to know what slide system you have  to tell you  how to manually close the slide.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How would I find that out
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Are the electric or hydraulic?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Electric
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you know where the are tracks are? on the bottom or on the end walls top and bottom?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Too and bottomTop
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok that's a Schwintek system. you will need to find the controller inside the unit to override the system. What excatley is it doing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The left side works but the right side won't moveI'm assuming a wiring issue since the other side worksBut I can't get to the wires
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok one motor isnt working they are at the top of each end. see if you can find controller. Do you need me to post a picture of it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This?It indicates motor 2 and #8 "hall sig not present"
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

That's it did you try the manual retrack

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I do this?
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

It tells you on the unit, push 6 times and hold for 7 to it blinks.

Read what it says and try it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Push what
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Is this the same as yours?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's the same except mine doesn't say that
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Try switching motor wires and try it the control switch will work back wards. out is in and in is out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The same side is affected
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

There is a problem in wiring to motor. the only way to get slide in is remove motors and push it in by hand. can you locate the the motor on the side that's not working and see if  the wires are good on motor and not twisted around it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure where the motors located
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

They should be in the top corners of the slide out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's flush to the wall
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok give me a minute.

Schwintek-Manual-override.pdf (myrvworks.com)

copy and paste

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I watched video but have no access to the motor which is why I'm trying to find a way to manually close it
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

The only way you can try is to remove all power 12 volt and 110 and then try to push it in manually, You might have remove motors to do it. they should be able to access them from the outside.

RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

How did you make out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found the motor but unable to access it safely so my husband said I had to hire a professional Thank you so much for your help.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok thanks for your Question.