RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

On my 2018 Forest River WIndjammer 3008W, is there a way to…

on my 2018 Forest River...
on my 2018 Forest River WIndjammer 3008W, is there a way to increase the temperature of hot water. The LP and heater seem to be full without air, although the hot water is just barely tepid
9/17/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to give the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am CT every day. Who am I helping today?

Run the water heater until it is at full operating temp, the AC heater has turned off or the propane burner has cycled twice and turned off. VERY CAREFULLY, open the pressure relief valve and get some water into a glass and test the temp with a candy thermometer. Then do the same at the kitchen sink. What temps do you see?

Hi Moose, I am Art, and this is my first RV camping trip. When I went to the water heater to check the temperature, the water was cold coming out of the overflow, and I could not see any manual pilot light controls. Then I remembered it may be on the main control panel, and viola! there is an on/off button for the water heater. It lit, and I am looking forward to my first hot shower in 3 days. You were right about the Refrigerator; it cooled down after 12 hours, and the freezer froze ice cubes. It runs on either LP or electricity, and my LP was turned off at first. I have been connected to 50amp electricity for 3 days. After turning the gas on again, it started working. Do you know of any reason that the fridge would work only on LP and not on electricity. The breakers are fine and the outlet that the fridge plugs into is hot.

Art, the fridge not working on AC can be to blame on a faulty circuit board (the computer for the fridge) a faulty control board ( the switches and buttons for the fridge) or a faulty heating element ( the part that heats the condenser coils at the back of the fridge on AC power). You will need to select AC and use a volt meter to test the wires to the element to see if there is AC voltage there. If so then it is the heating element.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

My questions are all complete. Thanks, Moose!

Glad to help. In the future, if help with new concerns is needed and you want me to help. Open a new question at www.justanswer.com then write "For Chris-aka-Moose ONLY" at the beginning of your question.

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic