RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a norcold in our camper. It about a year old. The…

Customer Question
We have a norcold...

We have a norcold in our camper.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

It about a year old

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold appliance? What have you tried so far?

The light turns red and flashes and will thaw out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold lighting?

No not off the top of my head.

No not off the top of my head.

No not off the top of my head.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold lighting? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Electrician should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I checked the back of it. To see if anything was out off place or raised any red flags. Everything was connected and there were no leaks of any kind

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
9/15/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Most likely the flashing red light is giving you a code, some models repeat a series of flashes in a three second period.

Norcold has lots of different models so in order to assist you I will need the model number, the model number can be found on a sticker that is inside the box most start with the letter N and number or have a 1200 number.

IF you need time to get the model number that is fine, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry it took me longer then I thought.

How many times is the red light flashing in a 5 second period, it would repeat. Could be anywhere from 1-10 flashes per 5 seconds.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you receive the video with the red light flash.

NO I did not any videos or pictures need to come with your reply, should be a paper clip icon on the page that allows you to do that. IF you sent them to a number I would never see that or even know.
Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your last question was. How fast was the red light flashing. It is about at least 1 to 10 time in 5 seconds. The answer is. It flashes about every second.

It is crucial to know how many times the light is flashing as it is giving you the codes, it should flash a certain amount in a 5 second period and it would repeat. it can not be 1 and 10 times. It could be once every 5 seconds or 10 times every 5 seconds, below is a service manual for this fridge see page 27 and 28.

Once you are sure of the exact code let me know. I will be away from desk as my day is about over but I will check before I turn in for the night.

Robert

https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/639410C_SM_Polar_N7N8-1EN.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

No problem at all.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I understand what you are looking for. I will study it tomorrow and get back to you.

Sounds good.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The camper is in storage. My husband had to plug it into his truck for power this morning. It actually is working. But the last time we had it plugged in it worked for about 24 hrs and then the red light started flashing and quite running. At that time I did know and did not pay attention to the red light, only new it was not cooling.I guess we will have to wait till we can pull it out of storage and monitor it.
Thank you.

Could have been low DC battery voltage, the control voltage for the fridge DC voltage when plugged into the truck the battery should get a charge from the tow vehicle, so when you come out of storage I would check the battery voltage. IF the voltage is under 12 volts the fridge may still turn on but not work. You do have a service manual now as well so if the light starts flashing count the number of flashes and the manual will tell you what fault is occurring.

IF you do need more help please let me know.

Have a great day.
Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When the fridge went out it was plugged into electric.
We'll give it another try next week.
Thank you.

Sounds good. Let me know if you still need more help, I am a round daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

No problem at all.

Robert