RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Zinger 310re 2014 no power in living room. Consistent.

Zinger 310re 2014 no...

Zinger 310re 2014 no power in living room

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '14 RV?

Zinger 310RE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m fixing it myself. Fuse is fine. Wires appear to be fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Moved the camper yesterday. Power was fine before moving. Pulled the slide outs in to move, then slid them out once in place.

9/12/2021
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago
James Davy

Good evening welcome to Just answer my name is James.

What items in the living area are not working does this include the slide out

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
starting with the outlet under the kitchen table, the back wall where the TV is and both slide outs.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

This  your 110 volt system, have you checked for tripped GFI breaker?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only the 110 system is affected. I checked the fuse and it looks fine. I can't find a GFI breaker on that line though. Do you happen to know where one might be? The only one I find is in the bathroom.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Try looking in a outside compartment

Is this A 50 AMP OR 30 AMP COACH?

Do you have a inverter in the system? if so check for tripped breaker there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just thought of something. There are two outlets under the cabinets in the kitchen that I never checked. The checked the outside outlets already. 30 AMP. I'm not at the camper right now.There is an inverter. It is located near the fuses. I hear a fan running assuming the inverter is working.I'm trying to figure out which direction the wires go from the fuse. For instance, if I happened to cut a wire somewhere along the line, I should have power to a certain point. Do you have access to a wiring diagram?That's the worse case. A tripped GFI makes the most sense.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Does the inverter have a breaker in it. be sure you not talking about a converter.

Did you check for power at the breaker box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bet one of the outlets under the cabinet in the kitchen near the sink would have to be a GFI outlet and that's what's tripped. I'm probably talking about a converter as I'm not sure the difference.All of the other 110 outlets on the front side of the camper and outside work.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok check out the outlet it should have test and reset on it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm going to start with that. Thank you for letting me bounce this off you.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok no problem , Let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That worked. One of the GFI outlets in the kitchen were tripped. All set. Thanks again.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you for the question.

James Davy