RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We had our refrigerator plugged into house power and it was…

We had our refrigerator...

We had our refrigerator plugged into house power and it was cold. I put some food in it last night and when I went out this morning it was totally off an d the food was cold? What can we do to fix this?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?

It is a little over a year old. It is the 121X series. It is a Norcold

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Since this morning. We have checked the fuses and they are good. We took the panel off oputside and held a nagbet to the switch like all the videos say. But it is not on and if it gave an error message, we were not there to see it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

We can't get it to come on at all, We had it nset on 9 to get real cold so it would keep the food cold while we were on the road to our campspot

9/11/2021
RV Mechanic: CharlesPer77,
 replied 1 year ago
CharlesPer77

I will have to opt out and open to other experts. I will not see any of your replies once I opt out so if there is not response it is not because you are being ignored. It is just that I will no longer get notifications after the opt out.

RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 12 years. I have responded to over 70,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated!

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your Norcold fridge.   I can assist you with this issue. Randall

I have no idea what was going on with that other Expert, but I can help you with this.  I am adding a few links for you.  One is the Norcold Service Manual and the other is a Trouble Shooting guide from ARP and their website.  I think what happened here is the either the batteries were run down OR you perhaps turned them off accidently and so the fridge has no 12 VDC power which is has to have.  Or the hi limit recall module bit the dust.  Some testing using a small digital multimeter like the one in the attached photo link would be helpful.  About $20 or so and easy to use and found at most local hardware stores.  That would allow you to check the incoming 12 VAC to the hi limit switch recall module and see if that is too low or none at all.  Then we can address that issue.  I hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction.  Randall  http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/Ff4DNNY7/c40495a6-bec8-4129-895c-31c7367c3a09.jpeg

ARP Norcold N1210 reset procedure and Trouble Shooting Guide:  https://www.arprv.com/troubleshoot-norcold-recall.php

Norcold N1210 Service Manual link:  http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1210.pdf

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification