RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I work for All Class RV, we are a dealer for dometic. We are…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I work for All Class RV, we are a dealer for dometic. We are trying to troubleshoot a fridge serial #12800011. Said fridge is cooling on 110 and 6V, but not on propane. Could you be of any assistance? Thank you in advance

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi there. How can I help?

We are trying to troubleshoot a fridge serial #12800011. Said fridge is cooling on 110 and 6V, but not on propane. Could you be of any assistance? Thank you in advance

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your RV?

2014 Leisure Traveler

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your RV?

Sprinter Van

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

63,000 miles\

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
9/10/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 12 years. I have responded to over 70,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated!

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your fridge.   I can assist you with this issue, but it would be helpful here to have the model number as well. Thanks!  Randall

And this might be just a typo, but these fridges all work on 12 VDC and not 6 VDC power.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mod# *****typo my apologies

Thank you.  Have you checked to be sure that you have the correct LP working pressure at the tank regulator?  All valves fully on and is there any spark there for ignition or not?  Do you have the Dometic Service Manual for this or not?  Randall

I am going to add some manual links for you.  The second one is very complete, it doesn't have any page numbers so you have to scroll down to find the 8000 series fridges information.  Randall  http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM8xxx.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It cools in 12V and 110. But it is Not cooling on propane. Temp on the main flute is about 149* and on the cooling unit its about 115*- 120*

Start by cleaning the burner and the jet and make sure that the LP working pressure at the tank regulator is set to 12 Water Column Inches with a manometer.  Randall

Make sure that the installation specs are correct and that no baffles need to be installed.  Poor cooling is affected by a lack of adhering to the installation specs on many models.  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. I will try this out and reach out if any further questions come up.

That works.  I am around almost every day here from about 5:30 a.m. until about 10 p.m. Pacific time.  I will be gone most of tomorrow until later on in the afternoon or early evening.  Have a great day!  Randall

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for that info. I hope you have a great weekend in case we dont get a chance to talk again

You are most welcome!