RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Went off and can’t get back on. Don’t know how its been off.

Customer Question
Went off and can’t...

Went off and can’t get back on. Don’t know how long its been off. Opened door, no light. Tried releveling motor home.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?

Norcold 1200

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold lighting? What have you tried so far?

Checked circuit breakers. No power since the on/off button does nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Electrician should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

That’s it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We are talking about a Norcold refrigerator.
9/4/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to give the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. Who am I helping today?

Normally when there is no power to the fridge at all. That means there is no power in/out at the fuses, or fuses are blown in the campers fuse panel and on the circuit board on the back of the fridge. Can you check those?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All fuses inside are good. Took outside panel off and didn't see a fuses. Will look again.

Thanks,, did you test them using a voltmeter or test light to verify DC voltage presence?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No testerI know if it doesn't have 12v, it won't work.Had a JC Refrigeration Dutchaire kit put on 2 years ago.

Were you able to visually inspect the fuses at the back of the fridge?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see any.

Can you send me a picture of the circuit board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Remove the black cover?

That is correct

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Took pictures. How do I send?Fuse on bottom of panel is good.Did it overheat and need to "rest" for awhile?On/off still doesn't work.

We are to the point of needing a tool that has the ability to test voltage to test further. In the event the circuit board is in fact getting DC power and ground then the most likely issue is a faulty circuit board.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for trying. Complete.

Glad to help. In the future, if more help is needed from me. Open a new question at www.justanswer.com then write "For Chris-aka-Moose ONLY" at the beginning of your question.