RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold N611 not working on AC but is working on propane.

Norcold N611 not working...

Norcold N611 not working on AC but is working on propane. 120 volts to outlet behind fridge and fuses on board are all good

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No, even for AC? propane side works fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2015 Forest River Graywolf 26BH freezer is currently at 12 degrees after 1 1/2hrs on propane. No green light on front of fridge to indicate AC power

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, checked fuses and breakers all good. 120 volts to plug in compartment behind fridge. Propane side is working fine. No flashing lights on front panel to indicate trouble codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Norcold N611V,serial # 21030665

9/2/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, I'm SteveThanks

IF you have good AC voltage at the outlet and the fuses on the circuit board for the fridge are good the next step is to ohm out the AC heating element, the AC heating element wires go into the flue canister and run to the board, disconnect the wires from the board and with a volt meter set to ohms ohm the wires back to the element in the flue, you should have 38-53 ohms. IF the element ohms out good I might try plugging the fridge into an outside source with an extension cord to be 100% sure on the supply AC voltage. IF all the above is good I suspect the board is the problem, part of the board is a relay that senses the AC power it may have failed.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, it may take me several mins to respond back as we do help other RV owners.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
FYI last time out we were plugged into a friends house after a day we noticed fridge had switched to propane. Everything else worked in the camper. dismissed it as possible low voltage issue. had used 100' of chord to reach her houseThank you I'll be in touch

Sounds good.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Robert, I Ohmed out the heater it ohmed at 50.7 plugged into a extension chord and from still shows no AC power light only the amber. Gas fires right off

I suspect the circuit board is the problem, part of that board is a relay that allows the AC voltage to pass to the AC heating element.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. Good way to start the weekend

Yes not much else this can be if the AC voltage going to the fridge is good and the element ohms out.

Robert