RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeveor diesel unit. The shore…

Customer Question
I have 2002 Holiday...

I have 2002 Holiday Rambler Endeveor diesel unit. The shore power and Generator don’t give any power to outlets of microwave, but if I turn on Inverter I have power. But now the batteries are dead and nothing is charging them up

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I just bought the unit from a trusted friend and he put in all new batteries recently and he just got back from a trip and no issues

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Rambler?

2002 Holiday Rambler. Endeavor model. 40’ diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m on trip out west and can do myself if need be

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I’m currently parked at a site with no electricity so we are running the generator for AC units but are house batteries are dead and no outlets work

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
8/29/2021
RV Mechanic: Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic

Good Morning ,

Do you have a voltmeter to check things ,

It sounds like you may be missing half of the 50 amp service, i would check where power comes into the unit at the generator transfer switch . if that is good then i wold check for power at the circuit breakers and make sure none of them are tripped

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do but honestly not sure how to run it

you want to check for ac 120 volt power , if you aren't comfortable checking the outlets with a voltmeter,

then i wouldn't recommend you messing around inside the breaker panel and transfer switch .

here is a basic video on  troubleshooting power coming in . but you have a transfer switch as well as what is discussed in the video

https://www.rvrepairclub.com/video/rv-distribution-center-troubleshooting-007934/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I checked it and yes I have 125 V coming in from the generator to the transfer switch and I have 125 going out of the transfer switch to the breaker box

do you have a 50 amp or 30 amp service ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a 50 amp service

ok , on a 50 amp service you have 2 - 120 volt services coming in , are you getting that  to the breaker box ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can only find one breaker box and it don't have enough breakers for everything?

can yuou send me a picture of the breaker box ?

how many breakers does it have ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is right beside it

that is you breaker panel ,   next to it is your 12 volt  fuses .

if everything is working off of the inverter there must be  another switch to switch those from inverter power to shore power

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah there is and I cannot find that

here is the owners manual for it , i can try and find it in here

https://big.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/revgroup/general/2002_Endeavor_diesel.pdf

see page 212  of the pdf and it expalins all the inverter controls

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ya I tried that all. What I can't figure out is shore power and Generator do not give any power to TVs, outlets or Microwave but if I turn on inverter they all workBut inverter doesn't work because battery bank is low and it doesn't seam to be charging

see page 214 where it talks abotu the power share setup

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did read that in my book. It seams not to be charging. On top of the page it says Set Type(Battery Type). Which type do I set the 3 stage automatic charger to. It says Default Wet Cell

if its just regualr deep cycle batteries than yes it shoudl be wet cell

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You push the power share button in it asked for 5, 15 ,20, 30 or 50 amp

if you are plugged into 50 amp it shoudl be 50

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm running generator

actually i am wrong  it shoudl be 30 , that is what your breaker is that goes from the panel to the inverter is

it should show ac in ,