RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Dometic AC unit on 1999 Newmar motorhome died. It is

Customer Question
My Dometic AC unit...

My Dometic AC unit on 1999 Newmar motorhome died. It is model 59136621. What is the model number of currently available direct replacement?

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the last time that was replaced? Do you need help finding the exact parts?

This is original unit from 1999. I need help finding the exact replacement.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Model?

1999

Mechanic's Assistant: Sure thing. Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Dometic Duotherm 15000 with heat pump. (20 amp). Model 59136.621 Product###-##-#### SN 84719239. Must use with electronic kit(###) ###-####and control(###) ###-####

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
8/28/2021
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago
James Davy

Good Morning welcome to Just answer my name is James.

There has been a lot changes in AC since 1999.

Give a minute to see what I can find out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In order to help out a little bit, know the following. 1. It is only the compressor that failed. I am hoping to keep the same control box, which worked very well in both AC and heat pump mode. 2. I have a concern about physical compatibility. The present AC when looked at from the bottom has a square outlet air port of about 6x6" in rear right corner.
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Is this a penguin unit low profile?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it is Duo-Therm
RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Is it standard height

RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok thanks.

Where is the inside return air filter in the unit or in the vents on one side of the coach?

RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

Dometic Phone Numbers and Emails

Toll-Free Number:

(###) ###-####/p>

Call customer service

Customer Service:

(###) ###-####/p>

What I can find out is you will need to up grade your ac system or have your ac compressor replaced. etrailer.com offer some conversion ac units that they say will plug into your controls but I think your ac unit has no inside section it flows air straight into vents on one side and return on the other side. I had pervious cust. tell me that dometic told them they will have to use a penigum unit.

RV Mechanic: James Davy,
 replied 1 year ago

How are you making out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Domestic tells me only way out is to change to penguin 15000 heat pump which comes with control box for 10-button thermo. Then buy 10- button thermo and 10-button-compatible control box for the other old AC. But I had to ask them if a 10-button control box is available for my old AC. Their first solution was penguin, but dump the 10-button box. Then buy conversion kits to bring new one down to 5-button and old one up to 5-button. Much more expensive.