RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a jayco jayflight 28ft trailer. the fuse blew for…

I have a jayco...

I have a jayco jayflight 28ft trailer. the fuse blew for circuit sec.lts.clg.fan and also the breaker marked waterheater which has 2 switches on that breaker. replaced 15 amp fuse and installed new breaker but it keepd throwing breaker even with everything in unit unplugged and shut down. it kills my 9000wt generator engine when i breaker is tripped

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

This is a travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2007 jayco jayflight 28ft trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just sent you my storey

8/25/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
oktexting is fine

This sounds like to me possibly the heating element on the water heater is burnt or shorted.

What I would do is disconnect the wiring to the heating element on the water heater and then see if the breaker blows, one side of the water heater will always have AC voltage even with the switch off, when the switch is turned on for the electric a relay allows the AC voltage to complete the circuit, if the element is shorted out it can certainly trip the breaker.

Sounds like you have a Dometic/Atwood if you have the dual switches. Sometimes when you inspect these elements you might find the wiring burned out on them as well.

Beyond that hard to say what is going on, everything on that breaker circuit would need to be isolated.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok ill give that a try thank you