RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Trying to reset a norcold RV refrigerator. I’ve jumped from…

Customer Question
Trying to reset a...

Trying to reset a norcold RV refrigerator. I’ve jumped from terminal 15 to ground with the refrigerator turned on. Still have same code. Green light on then blinks 5 times. Anything else I can try

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Green light. Blinks then stays on for a few seconds then flashes 5 times again. Keeps repeating

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1988 coachman

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’m doing it myself. Master electrician for state of Kentucky and a couple years of electronics

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I e jumped from terminal 15 to ground

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Below is a link for that style board that shows the reset make sure you are doing everything step by step. Hold the wire for about 30 seconds, you should get a click from the board if it takes the reset, make sure your jumper wire is stripped at least 1/4" on each end. If the board will not reset then I suspect the board will need to be replaced, again go step by step.

Norcold has two style board a single 16 pin connector and a 10 and 6 pin, the 10 and 6 pin is the newer style board.

Robert

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/reset.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I’ve already jumped from pin 15 to ground and heard it click but still does same thingChat

After the click does the it still flash OR it runs for a bit and then goes back to the 5 flash?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Light on for a couple seconds then flashing lights

Has the fridge been running at all prior to doing the reset?

Is the flue hot or cold?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No idea on flue. Hasn't been running for a couple weeks

Sounds like the board is the issue, make sure you have over 12 VDC on the wires going into the board on the 12 VDC and GND. Then set your meter to the AC scale and make sure you have 0 AC volts, reason being is if the power converter was putting out AC ripple then the board can do strange things, if your voltages are good I would replace the board.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K ty

No problem at all.

Robert