RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to know if my unit has an inverter. 2018 Keystone…

I need to know...

I need to know if my unit has an inverter. 2018 Keystone Bullet Premiere 19Fbpr

Mechanic's Assistant: The RV Mechanic will know what to do about your inverter. Do you have any other details that could be helpful?

My unit battery is not recharging wirh a power source.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Where in my campwr is the inverter located?

8/14/2021
RV Mechanic: Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic

Good Morning

Your camper has a power converter that will charge your battery when plugged in .

An inverter is more common  on motorhomes that will allow you to run 120 volt appliances off of battery power while driving.

Your converter is normally a brown plastic box that has the fuses and circuit breakers on it as well

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I troubleshhot or fix it? The battery is not being recharged?

I would get the battery checked first .  these batteries don't last very long .

But you would want to see how many volts are at the battery when plugged in and when unplugged to see if it is producing any power

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My battery was brand new, and We just recharged it yesterday. This is the 2nd battery run down in 3 days.We have determined it is not being recharged from power source at campground. Power pole was tested, they said issue was with my camper.

check  all of the fuses in the camper .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would one of the 15 amp fuses cause this?There iz a dozen of those.

actually no they cant , do you hear a fan come on when you are plugged in , there  should also be some larger fuses . do you have the model number of your converter ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see 40 amp fuses. Iz the converter in lower box?I have a WFCO number. Is that the part?We found 2 40 amp fuses blown.

replace those and try it , those are reverse polarity fuses they will blow if the batteyr is connected backwards

Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** going to get fuses, now.

ok , that will probbaly take care of you