RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have NA8LXIMF fridge freezer is working fine; refrigerator…

Second Opinion] Have NA8LXIMF...

Second Opinion] Have NA8LXIMF fridge freezer is working fine; refrigerator is NOT cooling at all; no error codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Who makes your fridge? How old is it?

Norcold had it installed 2 summers ago

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

We started out for the weekend yesterday... propane option wouldn't kick in while traveling so just waited until we could plug in last night... never cooled down this morning, but freezer is working fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I guess not

Chat is completed

8/13/2021
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I am a Master Certified RV Technician and have been in this business nearly 20 years and on this site for over 12 years. I have responded to over 70,000 questions, so there is not a lot I haven't seen or heard about.

Sorry for the delay in someone getting to your question here! It has been crazy busy these last few days. I used to have an RV repair facility and worked on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated!

Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer and I am sorry to hear that you are having a problem with your Norcold fridge.  I can assist you with this issue.  Randall

I don't think I answered this before here, did I?  I can tell you that absent any error codes I would hook this fridge up directly to a 120 VAC power source at the AC element and bypass all the controls and see if it will cool.  That would tell you one way or the other if the cooling unit has a problem.  One thing you might try before you do that is to pull the fridge forward out of the mounting area and be certain that there is a flue baffle installed.  I have seen this issue before and if it isn't there it will cause this.  If it is there and you can't get any change in the performance then the cooling unit is probably defective and Norcold would want a Service Technician to run some tests on it to be sure.  I  hope this proves helpful here and points you in the right direction.  Randall

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification