RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Atwood fridge and we had it quit working, the Check…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Atwood fridge and we had it quit working, the Check light came on. so we did a plugged it direct to see if the fridge would started working. and it did.

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi there. Is the maintenance light blinking or flashing, or is it solid? When did you first notice it?

Now we think its the display board not working, how do we get a new display board or fix it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your RV?

Th light is solid

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Our trailer 2013 Hornet, the fridge model is Atwood Model HE 0601 S/N 110011208040850 120V 2.5 A 300w

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2021
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago
KevinS121

Howdy and welcome to Just Answer.  My name is ***** ***** and I am a Master Certified RV Tech. I understand how frustrating RV issues can be.  I have been  working on RVs for 35 plus years.   I see you are having an issue with your fridge not working on electric.  You might want to check the GFCI outlet in the bathroom or kitchen area.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that fineWe plugged fridge directly in to plug and it works fine
But the display broad won't let you do anything lights are all on
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have a multimeter to measure voltage at the outlet on the back side of the fridge?

Here is a service manual for your fridge.

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Atwood-Refrigerator-HE-0601.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks
RV Mechanic: KevinS121,
 replied 1 year ago

If the outside outlet is not working, it is tied to the GFCI outlet or a breaker that has tripped.  Have you plugged the trailer back in?  The fridge does need a good 12vdc to operate correctly.  That power comes from the power converter when the trailer is plugged in.