RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Following instruction, but doesn’t want to turn on. Forest…

Customer Question
Following instruction, but doesn’t...

Following instruction, but doesn’t want to turn on.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Forest River, Surveyor, 2019

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Pushing the on/off button. It lights up both auto and gas lights, then switches to auto, but won’t start running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights on the front top of the refrigerator, one is the on&off button, the other next to it is the auto gas button and the auto lights up

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I think that’s it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
7/30/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When you are plugged into power and the fridge is in Auto it should work on electric, you are not going to hear anything at all as a heating element does the heating, it will take a goof 12 hours for the box to cool off.

For propane you might hear the flame going and that is about it, on propane it will still take 12 hours for the box to cool off.

IF you have tried running the fridge on both sources for at least 12 hours and the box is not getting cold then it is normally a cooling unit, fan or thermistor issue. Very important to know if it cools on one source and not the other.

IF the panel is lighting up and the interior light is on then it is not a fuse issue as if a fuse was blown the fridge will not come on at all and no interior light.

IF you get me the make and model of the fridge I may have some more input for you on this, should be a sticker inside the box.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It sees to start cooling in the gas mode, the freezer is starting to get cold, the lower part doesn't seem to be cooling, but we hooked up about an hour ago.We are going to let it run while we go eat dinner and will get back to you in the morning if it's still not working. Sound good?

Yes I am confident it will be nice and cold in the am, the freezer will always get cold long before the box will so that is a good sign.

Have a great night.

Robert