RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I replaced the thermister on my RV fridge. Unit has been…

I replaced the thermister on...
I replaced the thermister on my RV fridge. Unit has been running now for 24 hours. Freezer is beginning to already get a build up of ice on back wall but the fridge area is still at 52+ degrees.Any additional ideas what I need to check or fix? Not getting cold enough into the fridge part.
7/30/2021
RV Mechanic: Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic

good afternoon ,

are the metal fins in the fridge cool at all ?

can you remind me what model was this again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, yes they are cool. It is a 1994 Ford Dutchstar F530, fridge is a Royale

do you have the model number ? it should be on a sticker inside

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mod. No. RM 3863Prod No 921 14 60-11

take a look at this service manual there is trouble shooting instructions by symtom on the 5th page of the pdf

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-Refer-Diagnostic-Service-Manual.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
looking at that, there appears to be another part my fridge is missing. The Thermister Adjuster. Looks like a short cable the thermister plugs into and then it plugs into the controller board. My fridge had the thermister plugged directly into the controller board. Do I need to buy and install that additional part?
It appears that way , I can’t see yours but that makes sense
Nachum Wagschal
Nachum Wagschal, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** one. Perhaps previous owners (I just bought this a couple months ago) removed it. Even the thermister appeared to have been tampered with. Really appreciate all your help.

my pleasure , save that manual in case you need  it again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have started a folder of things you've shared. Your help is so appreciated. Hope you have an awesome weekend!!!
My pleasure