RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Got a norcold 1210t already put extra fans on for more

Customer Question
Got a norcold 1210t...

Got a norcold 1210t already put extra fans on for more ventilationnon the back of the refrigerator. The freezer is pulling down to about 16 degrees and the refrigerator stays around 45 I already put a new thermostat in the inside of the refrigerator. I have run it on AC and LP and getting the same result. I checked the fin temperature in the refrigerator it is around 27 degrees on setting 9. There is some ice buildup on the fins. I was wondering what do you think it could be it should pull down around 35 degrees and it's not doing that.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

Not a car it's a refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 Grand Design 337rls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

In the texts above

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
7/28/2021
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Most common issues

1. The sensor/board is visible behind the fridge through the access panel. I believe it's an overheat trip that can be reset with a strong magnet. It's prone to getting water in it and causing it to trip as well. If tripped, there should be a red light/led visible.
  2. The Thermistor which is the piece that goes on the fins to regulate the temperature tends to fail.
  3. also if you suspect a bad thermistor, unplug the 4way connector near the interior light. Doing this forces the Norcold 1210 to go into max cooling mode.

I hope this helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already put a new thermostat on it. And there is no lights lit up on the back of the refrigerator
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already put a new one on

Thank you

Ok, so you replaced both the t-stat and the thermister, correct.

• Is the fridge level?
  • What is the history of this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I read all that in your opening statement.

• I wanted to know was it always like this?
  • Just happened during camping?
  • Happened going down the road?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just happened it was doing finFineCamper has not moved in 6 months

Thank you.

This is my last suggestion.

Sounds to be the issue.

So, if the RV refrigerator isn’t cooling but the freezer is, this is a sign that there are airflow problems. In some cases, cool air is moved to the fridge from the freezer, through a diffuser. There are times when the diffuser gets clogged with ice. You can identify this with by paying close attention to the sounds of the evaporator fan.

I just reread your statement, I see you mentioned that there is ice build up on the coils, correct.

That is saying that your defrost timer is not working

and needs to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the fins inside the refrigerator

Ok,

well, need to check the diffuser for blockage.

also, ice on fridge coils is an indication of low Ammonia, it is slugging.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where is the diffuser located at

I believe it is the tunnel/vent that goes from the freezer to the fridge.

That I am not sure of, need to look in the owner's manual

if you do not have one, pull it up online.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about door seals can you give me the part number for them