RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

It is showing. It is showing L1 and oP. It is a Norcold. It…

It is showing Mechanic's...

It is showing

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

It is showing L1 and oP. It is a Norcold

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold appliance? What have you tried so far?

It is 1210 model. These codes are flashing off and on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

They purchase this RV July 2nd.

7/18/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The refrigerator beeps continously also.

Go to the outside access panel an look for a small black box with a led on it, if the RED light is ON the sensor has tripped. LI OP means limit open and the small box with the led is the sensor and when it trips the light comes ON.

Inside the sensor is a reed switch, get a strong magnet and hold it directly on the sensor above the light, doing this should reset it, you should get a click from the sensor and the light will go out, once the light goes out the LI OP code will go away.

IF the light will not reset or comes back on after resetting I would have the fridge looked at, you could have a high temp issue and that is normally caused by a cooling unit issue. Low DC battery voltage can also cause the light to come on.

IF you need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That did it. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Glad I could help out on this.

Have a great afternoon!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic