RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I can't get my fridge to turn on. 1999 starcraft space

I can't get my...

I can't get my fridge to turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your RV?

1999 starcraft space master

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 1999 Space?

No clue. I got it from a friend. Next week will be my first trip w it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the RV Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No. I'm wondering if it's the emergency shut off valve

7/17/2021
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the make and model of the fridge? Should be a sticker inside the fridge.

Thanks, Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not sure ill have to get back to you. Could it be the emergency gas shut off ?Is there one in this camper ?

All depends on the make and model of the fridge. IF the interior light and display is not turning on then it could be a blown fuse, tripped thermo-disc etc. Most fridges use a circuit board and the circuit board needs DC battery voltage to turn on, without good DC voltage the fridge will not turn on.

Get me the make and model of the fridge and I can help you with this, I am around daily and respond when I can, I am in and out on the weekends.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I had an extension cord from my house plugged to camper should I have the 12v battery hooked up to it when trying ?Ill get back to you with in 30 min

Yes you should always have the battery hooked up, it acts as a filter for the power converter.

The fridge does not work on AC power or propane without the DC battery voltage or at least the majority for fridges.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. That's probably why. Ill hook battery up and try again then get back to you. Thank you SOOO much

Understand, if you need more help please feel free to get a hold of me, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok no problem. Enjoy ur day

Thanks!

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There's a beeping comming from camper. Can't seem to find the source. What is beeping and how do I stop it ?

We answer per issue going forward, if you have a new problem need to post a new question as it is how we get credit.

IF you have a beeping noise in the camper check your battery voltage, the reason being is the LP detector that is located near the floor line can chirp for low battery voltage. Most detectors have a test and reset and or a red and green light on them, when the DC battery voltage gets low it can set them off. Beyond that hard for me to say.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the water pump for the sink supposed to be loud? It just stopped on me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't get my fridge to turn on . I'm not sure what to do. How do I trouble shoot it ?

Get me the make and model of the fridge. Should be a sticker inside the fridge.

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dometic em 4223Do I need a new fridge ? I've had the camper 2 years and it could be the fridge is dead.

You need to verify on the back of the fridge if it is getting 12 volts DC power see link below page 8 DC terminal block, if you have NO DC voltage then check near the battery for an in-line fuse.. IF the fridge does have 12 volts going to it and the flame starts up but the box does not cool then the cooling unit could be the problem and it would make more sense to replace the fridge as a new cooling unit will cost 1/2 of what a new fridge will.
Robert

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-Refer-Model-RM4223-Installation-User-Manual.pdf

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I can't get the gas going to ignite it.I try starting it by battery or plugging it n directly to my house.