RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

What is e problem: Ill have to get the model #, do you want…

Customer Question
What is e problem: ...

What is e problem:

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

Ill have to get the model #, do you want to wait?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?

Model # N302.3L

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Freezer working, frig is not cooling.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/15/2021
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Howdy from Tennessee, I'm Chris aka Moose. I'm glad you've come here to get help. I will do my best to give the answer you are looking for. I help many customers, sometimes my replies are delayed, I will respond once available. I try to be online at 1-5 pm and 10 pm-5 am every day. Who am I helping today?

Do you get the same results on gas and electricity?

How long has it been on, and is the freezer down to 0-20 degrees?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Norcold, Model #N302.3LWork very well on electric. Freezer worked well on propane for a while, but frig never got cold, then neither were cold. I Suspect something wrong with fuel delivery to unit.

Once the fridge stops cooling on gas, does the gas flame no longer come on, or does it burn orange instead of blue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont know. I did not check for flame after frig warmed up. Sorry

I understand we can continue later once you do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Re-started frig, came on ok. But within 1 1/2 hours the flame went out.

Once the flame goes out, if you turn it off then a minute later back on to gas. Will it re-ignite?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
relit ok but emits a strong odor inside the camper

If that odor smells acidic and sour then you are leaking refrigerator refrigerant, a new fridge is needed. If the odor is a propane burning smell then your burner is not making a good flame or there is something wrong with the burner tube or flue that needs to be inspected and addressed.

Thank you for seeking us for help, I hope I provided what was needed. Press reply if you need to follow up. If you liked my answer please let me know so I can mark your question complete. Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

Glad to help. In the future, if more help is needed from me. Open a new question at www.justanswer.com then write "For Chris-aka-Moose ONLY" at the beginning of your question.